Sunday, January 21, 2007

For whom the bell tolls...

I have no clue why I wrote that. Just the first thing that came to mind, I guess. For whom does the bell toll, anyways? (Asked the ignoramus who hasn't even read the book.) Random, I know. But randomness, as we all know, rules.

Have just finished reading the whole first act of "Julius Caesar" (and there are still 4 more to go... *swallows hard*), which took me... well, quite a while, to be honest. But there are still tons of questions buzzing about in my mind about certain things, even though I managed to get the basic synopsis down. (Sort of.) Like, for instance, what's up with that pun at the very beginning of the act? What's the double meaning of the "cobbler"? There's the idea of the mender of shoes, but what's the other one? :-S *whimper* Just couldn't get any answer to that at all.

Oh yeah, and why was there a grudge between the Senate and Caesar? I mean, when I think of the Senate I automatically think democracy, and when I think of democracy I automatically think of peace. Then again, he was quite brutal against his enemies, as one part of the text describes (two people who removed decorations in the streets during the feast of Lupercalia were apparently "put to silence" by Caesar). He might also have been decadent (which could be sufficient a reason as to why people disliked him), but was Caesar corrupt in any way? Mind you, I haven't read anything at all about Caesar's life (besides that teeny tiny bit on the York Notes booklet), so excuse my ignorance on this subject. I don't expect any answers to rise from this... Heck, I probably don't even have to go this much into detail, even. However, I should perhaps google some of this stuff... Or search fervently on Wikipedia, for that matter. Not yet, though. Can't be bothered. Aaanyway. Enough nerdy talk.

Snow. It's been snowing almost non-stop all day today! Exclude the gusts of wind, and you have perfect weather right there! I took the subway over to my aunt and uncle's to go to church with them, and it was snowing. My uncle drove me back to my flat, and it was snowing. I read the whole first act of "Julius Caesar", it was snowing. I ate dinner. It was still snowing. Now, I'm blogging. And it stopped snowing. Yarr. Ah well. At least there's snow. Unlike at home. *smirks, snorts, points and laughs out loud*

And while we're all in the random mood today...



"Hinges hoorn de keeken smoosher!"

So, today's lesson is: Never cut a "Japanese" chocolate cake. You'll only get communication problems. This goes for Swedish chefs in particular. ;-)

Give us today our daily randomness...

Diapers to the world,
Elise

No comments: