Friday, May 04, 2007

"Blog": (Def.) My little vent...

A little less than 2 more weeks until my first exam this semester. Excuse me while I scream:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!"

*running around room and screaming like a maniac*

There. A little better. Not much, but a little.

But on a more serious note, I think this is one of those exams that will turn out alright. At least that's what I'm hoping for. You can never be too sure, you know - even though it is only multiple choice.

What I'm most worried about is Brit. Lit. We've only had one essay hand-in, you see. In my opinion this is not a good enough foundation to actually write a seemingly sensible essay. The fact that we haven't really had enough time to run through each of the texts on our syllabus more meticulously is also worrying me a bit. All we did was sort of whizz through each of them; barely taking into account the main themes of each text, some recurring images and - if we're lucky - the use of diction, etc. To me this is not enough, and it is so extremely frustrating! I don't feel prepared to take that exam at all! I'm not even sure if I'll feel prepared the days before that exam, even.

Yes, the Brit. Lit. exam's still some time ahead. But it still worries me.

Another thing that's currently my pet peeve is how the exams are spread out throughout this month. We aren't even done with all of our classes before our first exam starts! Now that is annoying!!! SERIOUSLY! I prefer to know we're over and done with all of our classes before our exams start; you know just concentrate on one thing at a time. This was the arrangement we had last semester and that was an arrangement that I liked. So, UiO - puh-leeeeaze do NOT start experimenting on new schedules (like what the gov't has a tendency to do for elementary and junior high)!!!

I'm sorry, I just had to let out some steam. There's nothing I can do about this situation. There's no use complaining, really. All you have to do is just to make the most of it. Stop whining, suck it in and make the most of it. (Although sometimes it helps to whine a little, as in this case.)

Enough already. I'll shut up now and go to bed.

Argh,
Elise

No comments: