Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Free as a bird...

Stumbled over this video at YouTube; just thought I'd share it with you all.

I don't know what it is about this song that touches me. I guess it must be the combination of the sort of bittersweet semi-surreal construction of the video and the poignancy of the song. Hearing John Lennon and George Harrison again (R.I.P.!) in this their ultimate video decades after they split up seems to evoke this sad feeling within me whenever I hear it. Sad that they're not here to experience the present world with all and because the rest of us wouldn't be able to experience any sort of complete reunion had they remained alive. I don't know how to describe this feeling, really. Or maybe I just did.

Anyway, enjoy this dreamlike trip to the world of the Beatles. In full birdseye view.




The Beatles forever!!! Long may their music be etched into the history of the world!

Elise

No comments: