Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hectic life.

Yup. Still missing naval uniforms.

It's amazing, really, 'cause no matter how ugly a guy may look otherwise, slap on him a uniform, and he's suddenly become a stud. Weird.

Come to think of it, pilot's uniforms and police uniforms are rather eye-catching as well. Eye candy... Mmm... :P However, those barf-green camouflage uniforms are not as attractive. Love uniforms, but not any kind of uniforms.

Ugh. Cigarette smell pouring in through my window. Nobody seems to be smoking outside, though. Might just be smelling things... Strange, really. I mean, hallucinating a smell. Hm. Interesting term. Smell hallucination.

Meanwhile on the academical front we've been given extraordinary many pages for exfac. 50 pages. A new record. Usually it's about 20 pages for each week, but suddenly now the number of pages has increased drastically. Normally I'd say this was because of exceedingly "kind" professors wanting us to have something else to do during weekends rather than the stereotypical binge drinking that seems to be the common assumption that uni student spend their entire time on. (Which by the way is far from the truth. Some of us neither go out in the evenings, nor binge drink - let alone drink at all.) However, considering the size of the book and the amount of material we need to get through for this semester, I now appear to simply shrug and just get on with reading/skimming the whole darned thing assigned to us. I'd have to spend even more time on this as I write notes as well. That's the way I learn stuff. Time-consuming, but worth it. Must... end... paragraph... now... ugh...

So yeah, uni's hectic, but I've been through worse, thank God. Will hereby end this entry with one of my favorite quotes of the Bible:

"'I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,' says the Lord, 'who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.'" (Rev. 1:8)

Don't ask me why this verse speaks to me, it just does.

Back to notes.

Diapers,
Elise

No comments: