Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hooooome! :-D

Strange to be at home again... Seeing my "old" room, my piano (which I haven't even thought about playing on yet - though I most certainly will do so during my brief visit) and people I used to encounter at the grocery shop feels kinda weird. I dunno. It's strange. Feels as if I'm going to wake up again in my flat in Oslo any minute now.

Great to see my family again, though. The rain and gales only made it better. Weather in Oslo is what I would almost coin as "whimpy" (there's no better word for this in English!) - with the intent of illustrating how teeny tiny the raindrops over there are and how weak the wind is. What one would classify as a strong wind over there is basically what I'd call a weak breeze... Crazy.

After having lived away for considerably more than a month it is as if there's some distance between me and my home. I mean, my real home here in Rogaland. Weird. There's no better way to put it.

Meanwhile, I finally came to the conclusion that taking the train back and forth to Oslo is much cheaper and actually more practical than taking a plane. You won't get the issue of luggage weight limit - because there is no friggin' limit! I mean, taking the train is more time-consuming (obv.), ergo more tedious, but you can in theory still bring as many as you like. You also save a couple of hundred kroners as well. Which is always good when you're a student. Even though it's not that much of a difference.

Looking forward to hang with my friends now, even though there's heaps of work that needs to be done, e.g. getting on schedule note-wise on a few courses, and of course the mandatory assignments for this coming Friday and the week after. Blargh! We shall overcome... someday.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is my intended shopping spree in Kvadrat one of these days! Need to get myself some thick sweaters and jeans. Maybe even shoes... But most definitely the second season of 'The Muppet Show', if available! Gotta love that Swedish Chef! One of my favourite characters of the show! Along with Miss Piggy ('Hiiyyah!') and Fozzie Bear (*boooo...*). Hopefully some people will find it in their hearts as to bestow my person with their generous presence and join me for this... Just need to find out who's available first... Any volunteers?! Yoo-hoo...?

Oh yeah, and of course watching my 'Pride & Predjudice' DVD! Man, I've missed watching that series! Plus lots of other movies as well... Dad has just installed a home cinema system in the attic (otherwise known as 'the Itoi Lounge', named after my uncle (priest), who helped us with the creation of the room itself), so I'm getting a bit worried I'll end up as a couch potato during this whole stay - excluding of course the infamous shopping spree.

Anyway, to say all this in one sentence, I'm happy to be home again.

Mahna mahna to you all!
Elise

No comments: