Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lazy Sunday.

Sunny outside. Windy. For some odd reason I feel like driving to the coast and just sit on a rock beside some lighthouse and just feel the cold and salty wind blow against my face. Poetic, innit? I guess I'm in a slightly poetic mood today.

Right now it's rather nice out here. When it's sunny you should really seize the opportunity to drag yourself outside. For once. It's been raining too much.

Sang myself almost hoarse last night and played the piano until my arms and fingers felt tired. That took me a good two hours, or so. My darling piano and I are finally reunited! My sweetest loveliest most utterly wonderful black Casio electric piano, which doesn't have that much of a friction in its keys - but which I love and adore all the same, as it has been my trusted companion through my 7 years of piano lessons! Sad that I should miss an object, actually, but since it's been a while, I give myself an excuse for feeling so.

Hitting that first C major in more than 8 weeks felt really good. The sound of it was something I'd longed to hear for what seems as eons... Ok. This is getting even sadder... I'll shut up now.

That's it. I'm getting out of here. Will hereby drag my Dad out into the cold autumn air so he can enjoy the wind and sun with me and take pics!

O blow ye winds,
Elise

2 comments:

John Paul Sonnen said...

so you play the piano? nice! do you play the organ, too? you study musicology now?

Elise said...

Um, well, I only play the piano, but just as a hobby. Have taken piano lessons from 3rd grade to 10th grade, but it's nothing serious. Would be cool to try paying a real church organ, though!

Nope, I'm studying English language in Oslo right now; don't have my piano there, nor any musical instruments at all besides my flatmate's guitar (which I don't know how to play), so coming home is always a great treat!

Good luck! God bless!

Elise